Monday, January 18, 2010

Have you ever done your own acrylic nails with a kit...??

I wanted to do my own acrylic french manicure using a kit from ';Sally Beauty Supply'; this is the kit:


http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/3310/156鈥?/a>


It is not sold online so it has no price...How much do these kits sell for...??





Have you ever used a kit like this -or- ever done your own acrylic nails at home....what are your stories good or bad..and do you reccomend it...??





please help any advice or answers are Appreciated....





ThanksHave you ever done your own acrylic nails with a kit...??
Well, I am a licensed Cosmetologist/Instructor and have taught Nails for over 4 years. And first you should know that the link does not work anymore, so I could not see the kit that you are considering buying and using.


But, I have been in local Sally's here and they usually do not carry the better lines for acrylic nail products.


So just so you know that. The problem with some of the sub lines is that they are harder to work with and usually have a problem turning yellow.


You do get what you pay for when it comes to nail products.


Also, let me tell you, I have done my own acrylic nails for years. And it takes some major practice. It also helps to have a really good brush. Not some cheapy one, but a really nice nail brush. Otherwise, you will have a hard time controlling your acrylic.


You will have lumps in the beginning. Alot of lumps, big ones. So make sure you have plenty of files, as you will be filing forever.


And your smile lines (where the pink and white come together) are going to be way off for a while.


I would suggest practicing on some tips first to get the feel for the product.


And use clear on yourself at first so that you will not be unhappy with the pink and white.


When you practice on the tips, practice doing your smile lines.


And also work on NOT getting this stuff on your skin.


Not only is it hard to file on or super near the skin, but you can get an allergy or skin condition from it.


So practice, practice, practice before actually doing it on yourself.


Then go from there, and good luck!!!Have you ever done your own acrylic nails with a kit...??
Oh, yeah, my daughter wants to get this! I would be interested to know the price too! How would the price and trouble compare to just going to a salon and having it done?
Haha...yes, I did try to do my own acrylic nails once and it was a disaster. It was much more difficult than I thought. I will never do it again ! I found it to be much easier to just go to a tech and have her do them....just my experience, though. Good luck !!
Yes, I have and the only reason I knew how to do it because I've had it doen professionally before and saw what they were doing.





I actually did a really good job, it just took me too long the first time. After you get the hang of it, it shouldn't take you too long.





Just make sure that you follow the instructions provided and you should be fine.
ive done my own nails,it works ok, but i would suggest getting the initial set done professionally, then doing your own fills. i was able to do my fills pretty well, but when a nail brok and i tried to replace i, it looked a mess.


the kit i got was like 14.99 i think,


not from sallys but from another beauty supply store

No comments:

Post a Comment